The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have experience selling office equipment. To be a good fit you should also have:
- A bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of experience and a track record of success in outside business-to-business sales.
- Experience selling office, commercial or industrial products; a background in printers or copiers is a plus.
- Experience working for or selling to resellers is preferred.
- Business savvy and an understanding of P&L, inventory, market/competitive research, sales forecasting, record keeping, etc.
- The ability to train, including organizing and conducting meetings, and communicating material so that it is relevant and accessible to each audience.
- Strong self-motivation and self-discipline, and the ability to manage a territory in a highly professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing manner.
- Solid organizational and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and persistence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position will cover approximately 70 resellers in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia. You'll work out of your home office. Our preference is that you live in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, or North Carolina, but you could live anywhere in the territory, as long as you are near a major airport.
Pictured: The Canon imagePROGRAF iPF670 24-inch large format printer is an affordable model for entry-level users, supporting poster and signage needs. The optimal color profile and latest magenta ink creates vivid and impactful images. The iPF670 printer has the ability to output an A1 (23.39" x 33.11") sized drawing in Draft mode in approximately 28 seconds.
The RoleReporting to the National Sales Manager, you will join a team that also includes six other Account Executives. This team works with indirect sales channels, typically independent businesses, supporting them as they sell imagePROGRAF wide format imaging solutions to their customers. The channel includes resellers, dealers, VARs, OEMs, systems integrators, alliances, partners, aggregators, mass merchandisers and retailers. End users include users of technical documents, such as engineers, contractors and architects; educational institutions and others who create posters; photography and graphic arts studios; and others.
Our imagePROGRAF products offer capabilities ranging from 24 to 60 inches, but you will promote much more than the printers. The imagePROGRAF Division is part of the Business Imaging Solutions Group (BISG), and our solutions also include systems, software, and services that help business achieve their goals.
You will represent the company to the channel, and the channel to the company in all sales and sales-oriented activities including marketing, advertising, sales promotions, training, and other channel-related support. You'll invest the majority of your time supporting existing accounts, but you also will call on new prospects.
Your main activities will include:
- Driving sales of imagePROGRAF products and BISG solutions.
- Training, acclimating and supporting the reseller's sales and support staff regarding Canon's imagePROGRAF products, programs, software and services.
- Providing support and guidance for product launches, trade shows, open houses, and presentations to major accounts.
- Developing local strategies to promote each reseller's sales growth of imagePROGRAF printers to end users, leveraging your understanding of the business dynamics of P&L, staffing, administration, service, support and inventory models.
- Implementing and administering a Canon imagePROGRAF printer strategy to gain mind-share and buy-in among resellers that foster and promote long-term growth of the channel.
- Identifying, qualifying, recruiting and supporting new resellers.
- Research, investigate and report on competitive products and technology trends to channel leadership.
- Schedule activities, plan meetings and resolve reseller's issues.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by adhering to financial budgets and targets set forth by management.
- Submit paperwork and reports on time as required.
- Submit weekly reports and sales forecasts.
- Provide product and market feedback to Canon management on industry trends, dealer activity, customer changes, business opportunities, product demands and other events that will allow Canon to meet customer needs and overcome competitive challenges.
Why CanonGreat territory, strong team
This is a strong territory, and you'll join a group of over-achievers who are very proud of the fact that this is the best division in company. Members of this team have 10, 20 and even 30+ years of tenure . . . people like working at Canon.
Autonomy and ownership
We'll look to you to run your territory as if you were the CEO of your own business. If you're the person we're looking for, at the end of each day you enjoy knowing that you have accomplished something. Because we all work remotely, we understand that you're out there on your own. We work like a family; for example, the National Sales Manager answers his phone on the weekend, and will get to know you and your family. You won't be just another number in a huge corporation.
Most of our Account Executives find that this role offers challenges and opportunities for years. At the same time, we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Prove yourself in this role, and you'll find there could be many avenues for career advancement down the road. In fact, the National Sales Manager came up through the field.
Commitment to the environment and community
Canon has undertaken several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and our products. In addition, Canon U.S.A. believes strongly that we have a responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the communities we serve. For example, one of our most prominent programs, Canon4Kids, applies Canon product expertise to help locate missing children.
Innovation in technology
Innovation has been a key ingredient in Canon's success throughout our history. We are one of the most prolific inventors of consumer and professional imaging solutions, investing almost three times as much in R&D than our nearest competitors.
Unique corporate philosophy
We embrace diversity in the workplace through the spirit of kyosei, Canon's corporate philosophy. Kyosei means "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future." We are committed to creating a diverse work environment where all employees are respected and supported to do their very best. We an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
In addition to a competitive compensation plan, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that covers everything from your physical to financial well-being. We've teamed up with some of the most respected providers in the country -- like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Minnesota Life, Walgreens Health Initiatives, and The Vanguard Group -- to bring our employees the best in benefits. And, unlike other companies that require a waiting period, Canon's health benefits begin on your first day of employment -- just another perk that makes us a great employer.
Pictured above: the imagePROGRAF iPF825 is a 44-inch wide powerhouse printing system designed to enhance productivity for medium to large workgroups, with dual media rolls and high speed throughput. Below: Canon recently swept the 2016 "Pick" awards in the Wide Format Printer and MFP categories from Buyers Laboratory LLC (BLI), the world’s leading authority on document imaging devices and solutions. Our ImagePROGRAF iPF770 was named Outstanding 36" Color Wide Format Technical Printer, the imagePROGRAF iPF830/840/850 Series earned Outstanding 44" Color Wide Format Technical Printer Series, and the imagePROGRAF iPF840 MFP M40 was named Outstanding 44" Color Wide Format Technical MFP.
Keys to SuccessThis is not a "milk route" territory. To manage it successfully you'll need the characteristics that make for an effective CEO:
- A passion for this business.
- Self-motivation and an aggressive drive to excel.
- Big-picture vision as well as robust attention to detail.
- A "buck-stops-here" sense of ownership and accountability.
- Business savvy and strong administrative skills.
- An openness to learning new things and being coached.
If you're the person we're looking for, you like to be prepared in advance; for example, you won't call the Sales Manager five minutes before an important presentation for advice -- at this point you will have done your homework and be well positioned to convey confidence and expertise to the customer or audience. When you deliver presentations, you will tailor them to the audience so that it is easy for them to understand the value proposition in the context of their own objectives.
Pictured: the imagePROGRAF iPF9400S is Canon's fastest large-format printer for graphic arts applications, and is capable of producing 60-inch wide borderless output at blazing fast speeds. It increases productivity and creative freedom while helping to reduce total costs.
About Canon U.S.A.From the opening of the New York office in 1955 to the further development of imaging products today, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has continued to be a leader in professional business and consumer imaging equipment and information systems. Our products include everything from cameras and EF lenses to binoculars, camcorders, digital presses, scanners and much more. Our extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit this site: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Video: In the spirit of our corporate philosophy of Kyosei -- all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future -- Canon takes an approach to business that is socially responsible and economically logical. Our company's commitment and contribution to the environment and to the world community are an integral part of Canon's management structure, product design, manufacturing, and corporate culture.