The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the System Integration Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in solving networking challenges, ideally involving cameras; this might include experience with:
- System integrators
- Industrial and/or business applications
- Control systems and/or workflow
- A demonstrated ability to develop creative custom solutions
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently
- Initiative to learn and grow within the engineering group
- CTIA+ certification
- Cisco Certification
- Security market background
- AV industry knowledge
The RoleYou will join a systems integration team that includes engineers in software and hardware/networking. The group is charged with supporting new industrial and business applications for Canon imaging devices. You'll contribute on the hardware/networking side, including mounting, housing, robotics, remote control and more.
Typically these applications require high resolution optics as well as customized functions. A few examples of recent projects:
- We developed robotic solutions used by news teams at the Summer Olympics in Rio, and we're developing similar solutions for the upcoming winter Games in Pyeongchang
- We have created high-res security and surveillance solutions for major political, entertainment and sporting events
- Our cameras are perfect for photo kiosks requiring higher resolution pictures, such as those providing passport photos
- Support network cameras and professional imaging products and solutions.
- Provide technical assistance to integrators for system integration of Canon Pro Imaging products
- Work with system integrators to help design solutions that utilize Canon camera technologies
- Support consultants in their efforts in creating systems in government and other markets
- Perform projector control system compatibility and testing, and provide technical support at trade shows and events
- Case Escalation and QA: Provide field case escalation support by duplicating and re-creating the case environment in order to obtain information and a possible solution; assist in product quality assurance investigations
- Trend Analysis: Perform research on third party solutions that can complement current imaging products to be utilized in other markets
- Technical Information Reporting: Gather requirements from customers and create proper documentation to send to development teams to understand current constraints and product modification needs or new product development in certain cases
- Documentation: Assist in the development of procedure documents for tests to be conducted for new products or concepts; work with other groups to establish procedures for product modifications or testing
What's in It for YouWhy you became an engineer
No two projects will be the same and each will stretch your creativity and technical knowledge. If you enjoy tinkering and seeing the solutions that others missed, this role could be a perfect fit.
Whatever your background, you will expand your knowledge of networking, hardware and imaging in this role. We expect the system integration group to grow as we continue to explore non-traditional uses of Canon technologies, and that growth will create opportunities for proven performers.
We are dedicated to providing training and development opportunities for all our employees in Canon products, technology and processes, as well as "soft skills" like leadership. Options include instructor-led training and web-based courses and tutorials. In addition, tuition assistance is offered to qualifying employees taking related classes at an accredited institution.
Commitment to the environment and community
Canon has undertaken several initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of our operations and the products we produce. In addition to our environmental stewardship, one of Canon U.S.A.'s strongest beliefs is that we have a responsibility to contribute to the welfare of the communities that we serve. For example, one of our most prominent programs, Canon4Kids, applies Canon product expertise to help locate missing children. Whether originating from corporate headquarters, our regional locations, or our subsidiaries, Canon U.S.A. connects with and supports the community in many ways.
Innovation in technology
Innovation has been a key ingredient in Canon's success throughout our history. We are one of the most prolific inventors of consumer and professional imaging solutions. Canon Inc. has continued to invest a significant portion of net sales to R&D investment each year. Our Canon R&D divisions in Japan and throughout the world are dedicated to developing custom products and solutions for customers worldwide.
Unique corporate philosophy
We embrace diversity in the workplace through the spirit of kyosei, Canon's corporate philosophy. Kyosei means "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future." We are committed to creating a diverse work environment where all employees are respected and supported to do their very best. We an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
In addition to a competitive compensation plan, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that covers everything from your physical to financial well-being. We've teamed up with some of the most respected providers in the country -- like Blue Cross Blue Shield, Minnesota Life, Walgreens Health Initiatives, and The Vanguard Group -- to bring our employees the best in benefits. And, unlike other companies that require a waiting period, Canon's health benefits begin on your first day of employment -- just another perk that makes us a great employer.
Video: In the spirit of our corporate philosophy of Kyosei -- all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future -- Canon takes an approach to business that is socially responsible and economically logical. Our company's commitment and contribution to the environment and to the world community are an integral part of Canon's management structure, product design, manufacturing, and corporate culture.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be an autonomous problem solver who takes initiative in developing solutions and/or recommending alternatives. As you interact with external partners you will need patience and the common sense to ask the right questions. Rather than saying, "No, that can't be done," you will say, "Let's see how we can accomplish that."
We've found that our top performers here at Canon share some common competencies -- they are energetic, customer service oriented, and ready to go above and beyond their duties. You also should bring self-motivation and discipline to get up to speed quickly on our products and technologies, and stay abreast of new technologies.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding System Integration Engineer, you will:
- Achieve goals independently while also contributing effectively as a team player
- Leverage your interpersonal and communication skills to promote strong relationships with integrators, consultants and end users
- Pay close attention to the details while also understanding the big picture on any project
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively
- Combine both analytical skills and creativity in solving problems
- Keep a constant eye out for new applications as well as ways to improve processes
About UsFrom the opening of the New York office in 1955 to the further development of imaging products today, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has continued to be a leader in professional business and consumer imaging equipment and information systems. Our products include everything from cameras and EF lenses to binoculars, camcorders, digital presses, scanners and much more. Our extensive product line and digital solutions enable businesses and consumers worldwide to capture, store and distribute information.
Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit this site: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Video: Canon's R&D innovators are constantly pushing the boundaries of digital imaging solutions, including developing technology that allows quality image capture even in low light situations. It's one more way we "See Impossible.”